Gift this class
Art Class Sydney Painting (Thursday Evenings) - Starts at $330/6class
Note: Thursday evening class November 24 cancelled due to Gabrielle's Art2Muse Solo Exhibition opening
Fun and challenging painting classes designed to ignite your passion for painting or to take you to the next level in your art!
Everything from the Fundamentals of Art to Abstraction is covered in a relaxed atmosphere amongst like-minded people, in classes structured to enhance specific skills in different genres, or encourage experimentation with alternative styles of painting and why this is important. Instruction is enhanced by a foray into Art History, where master and contemporary artists are introduced and analysed.
Absolute beginners welcome!
- Variety of exercises ensure fast learning and early success
- Painting fundamentals – tone, colour, composition, perspective, abstraction, painting techniques and expressive brushwork
- Subjects include Portraits, Still life, Landscape and Abstraction
Intermediate and advanced students a specialty
- Self generated subjects welcome
- Build confidence, strengthen weaknesses in art making
- Develop observational and critical techniques
- Stimulate creativity and ideas
- Find your own style and expressive voice
- Discover a range of historical and contemporary artists, and explore materials
- Spacious airy classroom with modern facilities and kitchen
- Morning and afternoon tea provided
How the classes work
Each class starts with a short introduction to the topic - skills to be acquired, genre to be attempted etc and why this is important. This is enhanced by a foray into Art History, where master artists as well as their influence on contemporary artists are presented and analysed. This is timed to take less than 30 minutes and includes many visuals from inspiring artists. We know you want to get painting as soon as possible.
We then detail options for painting at different skill levels – beginner, intermediate and advanced students can choose how the exercise is attempted, as the exercises are graded in difficulty. Because many students have different levels in different genres (and sometimes, we all get a little tired and lazy) and all classes are of mixed ability, all students are catered for to allow the best possible experience in each painting session.
Experienced students can be inspired by the confidence of beginners leaping into the void (they have nothing to lose and everything to be gained) and learners can see how more experienced students put the project into action.
Those students with a project they burn to attempt are welcome to bring the painting to class and receive help to complete it and an indication of future exercises to extend the project. The class usually concludes with a positive Critique session, where students are encouraged to identify what works in theirs and others’ paintings and where the paintings may be improved for future work.
This class takes place every Thursday Evening 6:30-9:00pm, along approximate school terms. Bring a friend and both pay 6 classes and receive two classes FREE (8 classes)
- Everything from fundamentals of art to methods of abstraction is covered in a relaxed atmosphere in classes structured to enhance specific skills in different genres.
- Via a foray into Art History, discover master and contemporary artists to inspire and guide you in calibrated exercises designed to be fun and improve your creative abilities.
- Encourage experimentation with alternative styles of painting -Find, explore, enhance and direct your creativity!
- Guidance by a professional, practicing artist and experienced teacher, Gabrielle Jones with a wealth of knowledge honed in the studio.
- Bring a friend and enrol and pay for 8 classes each in the term, and we’ll give you both two more classes FREE! (Existing student with new student or two new students only)
- You and your creativity!
- Materials list will be provided on enrolment - Class 1- only need Raw Umber, black and white, a rag, one canvas, brushes (including large one), a plastic serving plate (or palette as we call them :)) ) paper towels and personal protection gear.
Casual (Warning: It might get messy)
Absolute Beginners to Advanced Level
Conditions: All purchased classes must be taken within the above term dates. You are allowed two classes as rain-checks within the term.
Cancellation Policy: All prepaid session and workshop fees are fully refundable if cancelled 7 days prior to the first date of the class(es)/workshop booked. Cancellations less than 7 days attract full fees, although these may be transferred to offset sessions offered within the same CALENDAR year.
Classes and Workshops: : All class tickets must be used within the term dates nominated on the card. You are allowed two classes as rain-checks within the term (Subject to available classes).
At each class, we request that you sign your attendance in an available circle on your card, which will be kept by ACS and presented at the beginning of the class, for your convenience. Please ensure that you are aware of how many paid classes you have left by regularly checking the number of unsigned circles on the card. Strictly No refunds will be given.
Retreats -Deposit is required to hold your place in these retreats - all positions in retreats will be allocated according to the order the deposit is received. Umbria: Deposit Required November 1, 2015 with the balance by January 1, 2015. No refunds given after January 1 unless you find a replacement for your ticket.